Take Your Family on an Underwater Adventure at Sea Life Ocean World
If you’ve spent any time shopping in Bangkok, then you’re probably familiar with the glamorous Siam Paragon shopping mall, with its designer brands and chic fashion boutiques. But did you know that there’s a marvellous underground aquarium here as well?
At Centre Point Silom, we regularly welcome an influx of families visiting Bangkok during the summer months, and we’re keen to help our guests arrange fun, family friendly activities that guests of any age can enjoy. That’s why this month, we’re recommending that families pencil in Sea Life Ocean World on their list of things to do in Bangkok.
Previously known as Siam Ocean World, this facility covers a staggering 10,000 sq m and holds enough water to fill three Olympic-sized swimming pools. There are more than 400 species of fish, crustaceans and other marine wildlife found in this facility. In fact, this is one of the largest aquariums in all of South-East Asia – and it’s located right here in the heart of Bangkok’s leading shopping district.
Sea Life Bangkok Ocean World Highlights
Bangkok Sea Life Ocean World is divided into various zones where you can view aquatic and marine life up close and watch as they interact with one another in an environment that mimics their true habitat. Highlights include the ‘Rocky Hideout’, home to the Giant Spider Crab and Giant Pacific Octopus. You can also admire the ‘Rockypool’ exhibit from a pop-up tank with a view of sea stars.
In the ‘Tropical Rainforest’ zone, you’ll find frogs, giant freshwater fish and more navigating the streams and waterfalls. Colourful tropical fish teem in the ‘Coral Reef’ zone, while penguins glide through the water at the ‘Rocky Shore’ exhibit.
You can also enjoy the following special activities for an additional fee:
- Ocean Walker: Strap on a breathing suit and head into the aquarium’s underwater tunnel for a safe and amazing way to walk amongst the marine animals that live here.
- Dive with the Sharks: For a real charge of adrenaline, dive with an experienced trainer for an up-close look at blacktip reef sharks, sand tiger sharks, leopard sharks, eagle rays and other exotic marine life.
- 4D Cinema: Watch a marine-based 4D movie, which includes a 3D display and extra touches of reality to make the experience seem even more real.
- Behind the Scenes: Go behind the scenes with the staff to visit the Aquatic Quarantine and Nursery Centre and water-quality-monitoring laboratory; this includes hands-on experience with the aquarium equipment.
- Ocean Feeding Boat: Take a ride on an open-water boat for an up-close look at sharks, stingrays and colourful tropical fish, with the chance to feed them!
Getting to Sea Life Ocean World
Sea Life Ocean World is easy to reach from Centre Point Silom. Simply board the BTS Skytrain at Saphan Thaksin and ride to the Siam interchange. From here, you can walk straight into Siam Paragon Shopping Centre and take the escalator down to the B1 floor. The entrance is located next to the food court.